This October 26-28, MAF will host the first ever Lending Circles Summit in the city where MAF began – San Francisco. With a mix of networking, interactive design thinking workshops, and panels featuring Lending Circles clients and experts like Experian and FICO, the Summit has something for Lending Circles providers everywhere.
But don’t take our word for it. Here’s why members of our Partner Advisory Council are excited to join us at the Summit:
1. “My reason for attending the Lending Circles Summit is two-fold: I am interested in meeting and talking with the various other partner providers to discuss successes and challenges and I am also interested in seeing how the lending circles model and platform can grow and expand in the innovative ways that MAF is known for.” —Leisa Boswell, SF LGBT Center, PAC Co-Chair
2. “I am attending the Lending Circles Summit to connect, share and learn from the many others that trust and recognize the financial capacity of those that are invisible to traditional lending institutions.” —Jorge Blandón, Family Independence Initiative, PAC Member
3. “I am attending the Summit to learn from others on how they effectively “get the word out” about Lending Circles in their community. I also want to discover ways to more efficiently scale the program so we can serve more people without increasing our headcount or expenses. And, most importantly, it will be great to build new connections with people who have the same passion for the work that we all do!!” —Rob Lajoie, Peninsula Family Services, PAC Member
4. “By attending the summit, I’m looking forward to being inspired by other LC organizations who will share their best practices and gain new insight on delivery/marketing techniques to engage new clients and increase the follow through of our financial capabilities clients to improve our outcomes for Lending Circles and our financial capabilities program.” —Judy Elling Pryzbilla, Southwest Minnesota Housing Partnership, PAC Member
5. “I am attending the LC Summit to learn from other asset builders around the country. I am excited to learn from others who have the same passion as me of helping our community members improve their financial stability.” —Gricelda Montes, El Centro de la Raza, PAC Member
6. I am attending Lending Circles Summit because I am happy to join other providers in celebrating our clients’ achievements and accomplishing of their goals through their participation in Lending Circles. It is only fitting we all get together to share our experiences, celebrate the success of such a great initiative and discuss ways to increase its impact. —Madeline Cruz, The Resurrection Project, PAC Member