Financial Emergency Action Plan for Immigrants
Detention and deportation can have a huge impact on a family’s finances. What happens to a car, apartment, or money in a checking account?
MAF’s new Financial Emergency Action Plan for Immigrants is an action-oriented tool that offers concrete tips to help families plan ahead and keep their money and belongings safe in the case of an immigration emergency. Topics include:
- Protect your money: Simple steps to keep your money safe and accessible – from setting up online accounts to automatic bill pay
- Protect your belongings: How to take stock of your belongings, why to consider getting insurance, and how to make a plan for all your belongings
- Prepare for an emergency: Tips to help you set a savings goal, protect your credit card or set up a crowdfunding campaign
- Create an action plan: Each section includes checklists and templates so you’ll know exactly what to do to prepare
Join us for one of our upcoming information sessions via webinar or in-person. These are great opportunities for nonprofit, foundation, or government staff to access to the guide, get trained on how to implement the content, and start sharing it with the community.
- Online webinar, June 20: Register now
- In-person training, San Francisco Library, July 7: Register now
Want to request a speaker?
- Please fill out a brief request form to host a workshop.
In the media
- Legal services for immigrants have ramped up. Have financial ones? – NPR’s Marketplace, May 08, 2017
Thanks to our collaborators